“It had occurred to me that much of what ended up in the dumpster were perfectly good items that were aesthetically flawed, ugly, or somehow ‘fucked-up.’ Consequently, if you went through the store and defaced certain products, they would be discarded. I was very, very correct.
If one opened the package to a cake or pie and simply jammed a finger into it someplace, most folks might not want to purchase it. Take this idea a bit further and scrape the phrase FUCK YOU or a swastika into the frosting of a children’s birthday cake, and it’ll be in the trash in less than half an hour. Honest. For a few years we did this on an almost daily basis.”—Boyd Rice, No (via defunctparadigm)
“1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.”—things to remember, -n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
“These guys think that they’re special, that you’ll be grateful or flattered they singled you out for their little “compliment.” They don’t realize or don’t care that they’re just the latest creep in a long line of pervs yelling at women and people who are read as feminine on the street. Their “compliments” blend into a chorus of whistles and hoots and comments stretching back to the day you hit puberty. That guy saying “hey baby” isn’t just some guy. He’s every predatory dude you’ve had to be rescued from at a party, every creep who’s ever made you feel unsafe, every rapist you’ve ever heard about on the news or from your friends. “Hey baby” isn’t “hey baby.” It’s a threat, a reminder that no matter how many advances women may have made in our society, nothing has really changed. Men still feel entitled to our bodies and time.”—"Hey Baby: On Insidious Street Harassment"Ms. Magazine Blog (via official-mens-frights-activist)
“It’s not always about sex, sometimes the best type of intimacy is where you just lay back, laugh together at the stupidest things, hold each other, and enjoy each others’ company.”—(via wecallthisliving)